- for the sound of my daughter's breath as she sleeps
- for shelter as I listen to the rain on the roof
- for tables large enough to seat many friends and neighbors
- for red wine and blue cheese
- for a faithful and loving spouse who makes daily sacrifices for my happiness and our family
- for the shelter of our extended families, and the amazing love and support we receive from them
- for a chickadee at my feeder
- for morning chores that get me out of bed into the misty dawn
- for a job that I love and am good at
- for my church community
- for darkness
- for friendship
- for gwyneth paltrow on glee
- for my camera
- for bacon that we raised ourselves
...and so much more...
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
What are you thankful for tonight?